Friday, October 24, 2014

Good Morning from Billings, Montana

All I can say is wow!! It is beautiful here. Crisp 54 degree morning. Cubby and I saw beautiful mountains and heard the train off in the distance on our morning walk. Lots of trains out this way and through North Dakota.

We stopped briefly on interstate 94 in the middle of nowhere, no lights, and go a gander at the stars. The sky was clear and we have never seen so many stars!!! We saw the milky way too. I was scared a bit because when I say in the middle of nowhere I mean nowhere because there were no services or signs of human life anywhere. The beauty of the sky took over my fear and voila we are filled with the joy and awe of the moment.

Gas prices have increased a bit to $3.21. We stayed at another Best Western Plus. It's a big log cabin with black bear and elk motifs. Clean, comfy rooms with leather chairs. Reminds me of our lodging at Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. Another stellar rate. No pet fee and $100 for the night. I saw families with and 4 dogs. The BW had a water park inside too.

Cabela stores are prevellent out here. I see bear motif and boots in my future. :)

Side note: We ate in Fargo, ND and did not really see another place to stop again until Billings. It was a beef jerky and car snack kind of dinner. I almost got an MRE out of our survival pack. :)

We are headed to Glacier National Park today. We will be there until Sunday. It is amazingly beautiful beyond words.

5 comments:

  1. Our elevation in North Dakota was 2000ft. We are at 3687ft and climbing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impressive considering we live everyday at sea level here in VA!

      Delete
  2. I second your "WOW!" This place looks so awesome, what a great place to stay.

    ReplyDelete